Lights From The Abyss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to read the story and play the RP!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Contest! Win an exclusive item!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian Gamma
Admin
Admin
Ian Gamma

Character sheet
Character Name: Ian Koal
Health Points:
First Contest! Win an exclusive item! Left_bar_bleue500000000000000000/500000000000000000First Contest! Win an exclusive item! Empty_bar_bleue  (500000000000000000/500000000000000000)
Power(s): Super Strength, can be focused to any part of body.

First Contest! Win an exclusive item! Empty
PostSubject: First Contest! Win an exclusive item!   First Contest! Win an exclusive item! EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:46 pm

The first contest. If you win, you will get an exclusive item.

There are two categories.
You can only enter once.

Remember how Eddie, Drako, and Zoe are trying to find the source of the government powers?

Remember how Green, Tifa, and Michael are looking for more info on the mind manipulation/control?

Write a story about one of their adventures!
A secondary prize may include it becoming canon in the story!
The missions do not have to be successful.
There will be a winner for each category. Then, the there will be a winner of the two winners. 1st place gets the item, 2nd a 50$ gift certificate to the Weapon Shop.

The contest is open, and ends Saturday at 12:00 PST.
Back to top Go down
https://lftarp.forumotion.net
Ian Gamma
Admin
Admin
Ian Gamma

Character sheet
Health Points:
First Contest! Win an exclusive item! Left_bar_bleue500000000000000000/500000000000000000First Contest! Win an exclusive item! Empty_bar_bleue  (500000000000000000/500000000000000000)

PostSubject: Re: First Contest! Win an exclusive item!   First Contest! Win an exclusive item! EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 9:03 am

Since no one entered, gonna extend the deadline a bit probably.
Back to top Go down
Zeke Stealsun

Zeke Stealsun

Character sheet
Character Name: Zeke Stealsun
Health Points:
First Contest! Win an exclusive item! Left_bar_bleue100/100First Contest! Win an exclusive item! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Power(s): Controls flowers, controls fate

PostSubject: Re: First Contest! Win an exclusive item!   First Contest! Win an exclusive item! EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 3:28 pm

Okay I finished mine coming up soon. Very Happy

I am doing the story of Green, Micheal, and Tifa.

Last edited by Zeke Stealsun on Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zeke Stealsun

Zeke Stealsun

Character sheet
Character Name: Zeke Stealsun
Health Points:
First Contest! Win an exclusive item! Left_bar_bleue100/100First Contest! Win an exclusive item! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Power(s): Controls flowers, controls fate

PostSubject: Re: First Contest! Win an exclusive item!   First Contest! Win an exclusive item! EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 3:29 pm

Green, Tifa, and Michael were hiding in the bushes in front of the Empire State Building.

"This place must be on total lockdown, look at all the gaurds out here," said Tifa.

"Probably because of all the superpower activity that has been happening lately," said Green.

"Well the only thing we can do is run," said Michael.

"Or is there," said Green, "Watch this."

Green slowed down time around all of the guards.

"Lets run," said Tifa taking off as fast as she could.

Green and Michael followed. They got to the door but it was locked so Tifa picked it.

The three entered a large room with a row of five elevators.

"Which one should we choose," asked Tifa.

"Hmm, the third one in the middle looks like it has a wider door so lets choose that one," Michael chimed in.

"Why not," said Green and he shrugged.

Tifa ran over to to the elevator and pressed the button. The small group waited patiently for the elevator to open. The elevator finally arived and they walked in. Michael went over to the floor selectiion board while Green leaned against the wall in the back and Tifa stood in the middle

"What floor," asked Micheal.

"The top silly, where else would they hold their offices and stuff," said Tifa.

Michael pressed the buttons and the elevator started to rise. The lights on each of the buttons bllinked as they passed that floor. When the light finally blinked on the third to the top the elevator suddenly stopped. There was a loud creaking noise and the elevator started to descend quickly.

"What is happening," asked Tifa.

"They must have cut the elevator cords but who could they have known," said Green.

Tifa looked up and saw a camera, "Oh my gosh there was a camera the whole time and we didnt notice." Tifa jumped up and knocked the camera down.

"At this speed and about how far we went up I say we have no more then five minutes," said Michael.

"Not unless I do this," said Green as he started to slow time around them.

"Quick through the top hatch," yelled Tifa. She jumped up and tried to open in but it didn't move. She then drew her sword and cut it open. "Get out there and grab the cords," she yelled.

Tifa helped Michael and Green up out of the hatch and then jumped out the hatch herself with grace.

As they hung there after a few minutes they heard a loud crash from below them.

"Well, there is no use hanging here lets get going and look for a way out," said Green.

The three climbed up for a few minutes until they saw a large air vent. Green swung over to it and kicked off the guard and climbed into it. Michael and Tifa crawled through behind him.

"Okay, we are in some dark, dusty, smelly, stupid air vent in a government building. What now," asked Tifa.

"Well, lets just look for a room of interest," said Green.

They crawled through the air vent for a while past a few offices that looked empty until they finally came upon a lab looking room. Green looked in and the coast was clear, no government employees, no cameras. He kicked out the guard and they all jumped out one by one.

"Woah," said Tifa as she looked around the room.

The room had all sorts of gadgets and gizmos but the thing that stuck out the most was the large tube in the middle with a boy in it. The boy had brown hair and looked to be about fourteen he had misty grey eyes and wore casual clothes. The three ran over to the tube, there was a control panel to the tube right in front of it.

The boy knocked against the side of the glass tube and said something but the tube was soundproof.

"We have to get him out somehow," said Green.

"Hmm, maybe these controls will do something," said Micheal as he started to press random controls.

He hit a bright blue button three times and he heard a click and a voice came from a speaker that said
"Control chamber off"

The anti-gravity in the tube stopped and the boy dropped to the bottom of the tube. The tube slid into the floor and the boy stood there.

"Thank you so much," he said to the three. "These government officials took me and were about to do some tests on me."

"Wait, does that mean they captured you because you have powers," asked Tifa.

"Why yes, watch this," he said. The boy closed his hands together and opened them. A flower head was in the middle of his hands. "Here you can take this," he said handing the flower to Tifa.

"Why thank you," She said. The boy then snapped his fingers and the flower exploded and flower petals rained down on her.

"I can control flowers, I also have an effect on fate. My weapon is my scythe and some cards and dice," he said. "Oh how rude of me, I forgot to tell you my name, I am Zeke."

The others introduced themselves and their powers.

"We better get going, I bet the scientists will be back any minute," said Zeke.

The four peeked out the door and noticed no one was out there. They ran out the door and to the end of the hallway. There was an elevator at the end.

"Okay this time lets take out the camera," said Tifa.

She pressed the button and when the elevator arrived and the door opened. Zeke pushed Tifa out of the way of the door as two guards came out of the elevator. They took them out swiftly. Zeke then tossed a card at the camera in the corner of the elevator, when the card hit the camera it exploded and destroyed it.

"Okay its clear," said Zeke.

They entered the elevator and hit the top floor button. The elevator rose and didn't stop until it reached the top floor. The door opened and they entered a large room that looked like it took up about three fourths of the top floor.

"Woah, this place is so huge," said Michael as they entered.

Tifa ran to the middle of the room to look for anymore doors.

"Hey, look the--," before she could finish an alarm started going off. Part of the ceiling retracted and a giant spider-like robot fell on top of Tifa and put her in a glass chamber on its back and he sword had fallen out of her sheath and clatterd to the ground when that happened.

"Leave or be annihilted," said a robotic voice coming from the spiderbot.

"Looks like you will have to annihilate us, we aren't going anywhere without Tifa," yelled Zeke.

Zeke ran at the spiderbot scythe in hand and swung at it. His scythe hit the robot but just made a small scratch.

"The outer shell is to thick to damage is we have to find a way around it," yelled Green.

Zeke ran to the far end of the room and put away his scythe and took out a few dice.

"Lets see if I can get my aim right on this," said Zeke. He ran at the spiderbot and threw one of the dice into one of the cracks in the bot's armor. The dice exploded and took a chunk of armor.

"That must be my cue," said Green and he ran over and grabbed Tifa's sword and sliced the spiderbot's leg off.

"Michael quick get on top of the the robot and try and get Tifa out of there," screamed Zeke.

Michael took off running to the robot. He jumped on top of the spiderbot next to the chamber Tifa was held captive in. He tried to smash the glass but it didn't break. Then he started to look around for a release button.

"Green lets continue the proccess of taking out it's legs," Zeke yelled across the room.

"Okay. Michael hold on your ride may get a little bumpy," Yelled Green.

Micheal responded with a nod and continued searching for a way to get Tifa out of there. Green and Zeke continued their routine until two legs were left on each side of the spiderbot. After the fourth leg Zeke and Green had eleiminated the spiderbot had spun at Green trying to take him out but Green just dodged but Michael was flung off the back of the spiderbot.

"Guys, I know how to get Tifa out. There is a box with some wires in it on the back of the spiderbot. It looks like we have to cut the wires," He yelled.

"Alright I will take that job," yelled Zeke summoning his scythe and he tossed some dice to Michael. "Here take these dice toss them into the cracks of the armor like I was doing, I will get the wires."

Zeke ran and jumped on the back of the spiderbot right after the fifth leg was taken out. Zeke quickly found the box and opened it and cut the wires. Tifa's glass chamber popped off the back of the spiderbot and she and Zeke stayed on the back of the spider to do damage from on top.

As soon as all legs were taken out Tifa and Zeke jumped down.

"Spider Number 33 eliminated, calling for guard back-up," came the robotic voice from the spiderbot. "Self Destruct initiated."

"Quick this way where I saw a door," said Tifa and they all took off running after her.

They entered a long room on one side of the room was all computers on the other there were more computers and a door that said "Rooftop".

"Quick lets check these computers for anything," said Michael.

"I see a few flashdrives I willl get them," said Zeke going to a few computers and getting flashdrives.

Everyone ran around to computers and spent a few minutes on them getting as much information from them as possible.

"Guys we have to get out of here now, I thought I heard some guards coming from the other room," yelled Tifa.

"To the roof," yelled Zeke.

The four took off up the stairs that were behind the door that said "Rooftop". They arrived on top of the Empire State Building as the guards entered the room with computers.

"Where do we go from here," asked Tifa.

"Where else is there to go. Down," said Zeke.

"WE CAN'T JUMP FROM ONE OF THE LAREST BUILDINGS EVER," screamed Tifa.

"Tifa, does it look like there is any other place to go, its our only chance to get out of here alive," said Green.

"No," said Tifa gloomily.

The four of them wandered to the edge of the building. They heard boots stomping on the stairs behind them.

"There is no time to hesitate lets go," said Michael.

"On three. One, two, Three," said Zeke and they all jumped off the Empire State Building.

(I didn't continue to add suspense)
Back to top Go down
Arlen McCool

Character sheet
Character Name: Arlen McCool
Health Points:
Power(s): Shapeshifting, mid reading

PostSubject: Re: First Contest! Win an exclusive item!   First Contest! Win an exclusive item! EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 1:18 am

Michael, Green, and Tifa were standing in the shadows of an alley across the street from the Empire State Building, watching as people entered and exited the building.

“What’s weird is that there doesn’t seem to be any guards, at least outside. You’d think a place that is supposed to be a government base would have better security.” Tifa commented.

“Oh I’m sure they do. But my guess is they know regular guards are not going to do the trick, not when there are people like us that have powers. They probably have some high tech stuff designed to stop us protecting the more important areas.” Green said.

“So how’re we even going to get in there?” Michael asked.

“Like this.” Green said. He crossed the street, slowing time around him to an almost complete stop. Green
walked up to the doors and grabbed a key card out of someone’s hand and swiped it across a scanner. The door popped open and Green signaled for Michael and Tifa to follow.

Once inside, they headed for the elevators and time started to return to its normal speed. Michael pressed the button for one of the elevators and the doors quickly slid open. They stepped inside, and the doors shut. There were buttons for floors L-33 and another Keycard scanner.

“Which floor guys?” Michael asked

“I assume that scanner is for access to higher floors.” Green said, and he swiped the card across the scanner. A panel opened above the scanner with buttons for floors 34-102.

“Great. But that still doesn’t answer my question,” Michael said. “Which floor?”

“Let’s try this one,” Green said, and he pressed the button for floor 73.

When the elevator arrived, the three seemed to be standing in some kind of lab.

“Whoa,” Tifa said. “What do you think they do in here?”

“My guess is that this is where they develop their mind control.” Green said.

Computers and cabinets lined the walls. On one side of the room a machine seemed to be mixing some kind of liquid in test tubes. Green walked over to one of the computers and began rapidly typing things in and Tifa walked over to one of the cabinets and opened it. Inside were a bunch of vials with a thick blue liquid in them. “Hey Green, what do you think these are?” She asked, holding up one of the vials.

Green looked up from the computers. “That,” he said, “might be a serum the Government Agents are using to control people. I’ll see what I can find on these computers, hacking into their mainframe now.”

Michael was looking through another cabinet. “I just found some more of those vials,” he said. “But the stuff inside these is red.”

“Check the machine.” Green said, not averting his gaze from the computer screen.

Michael walked over to the machine. It was mixing the red and blue liquids together, and then adding some kind of powder to it. “Looks like their mixing the two together and then adding something to it.” Michael said.

“And I just found out what it’s for,” Green said. “What’s in those vials are being mixed together with some kind of powder to form a mind control serum. It doesn’t say what the chemicals are or what the powder is. The names have been blacked out. But they’re planning on using the serum to make themselves an army of people with powers. The serum is going to make people mindless robots, incapable of feeling any emotion or sensation. They will feel no pain, no fear. They will be unable to think for themselves, and only exist to serve the Government. Then, when there is mass turmoil from the trouble this ‘army’ is causing, the Government will step in and call them back and act like the heroes. They will have world domination.”

“Oh my God,” Michael said. “We have to get this information back to base!”

“Yes. I’ve downloaded all this onto a-“Green was interrupted by the sound of footfalls from outside the door.

“Oh no!” Tifa exclaimed. “They know we’re here!”

“But how?!” Michael shouted

Green looked around and spots a camera in the corner of the room for the first time. “Fuck.” He said.
Back to top Go down
Ian Gamma
Admin
Admin
Ian Gamma

Character sheet
Health Points:

PostSubject: Re: First Contest! Win an exclusive item!   First Contest! Win an exclusive item! EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 12:54 pm

And...
First place goes to...
Arlen McCool!
Second place is...
Fstdude!
Back to top Go down
Ian Gamma
Admin
Admin
Ian Gamma

Character sheet
Health Points:

PostSubject: Re: First Contest! Win an exclusive item!   First Contest! Win an exclusive item! EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 1:13 pm

BTW, in honor of the pet shop grand opening...
Everyone who participated receives a 10$ Pet shop certificate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Contest! Win an exclusive item!   First Contest! Win an exclusive item! Empty

Back to top Go down

First Contest! Win an exclusive item!
Page 1 of 1