Lights From The Abyss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to read the story and play the RP!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter Six

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ian Gamma
Admin
Admin
Ian Gamma

Character sheet
Character Name: Ian Koal
Health Points:
Chapter Six Left_bar_bleue500000000000000000/500000000000000000Chapter Six Empty_bar_bleue  (500000000000000000/500000000000000000)
Power(s): Super Strength, can be focused to any part of body.

Chapter Six Empty
PostSubject: Chapter Six   Chapter Six EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 9:04 pm

Chapter 6

"You're off the team," I strictly tell Michael early the day after the battles.

"What?!"

"YOU'RE OFF THE TEAM!"

"Why?!"

"Because you killed that man when I told you not to!"

"He took my brother!"

"I don't care! We're heroes! Heroes don't kill. Now call that team of yours up here!"
Soon, Zoe and Kyle have gathered in the base.

"What do you need us for?" Zoe asks.

"Michael killed a man. You two were there. I won't let him do that, and you two have to choose your allegiances now."

"I.... I'm with you all the way bro," Kyle said. "I'm sorry, this is my family, and what you did is unforgivable."

"Good. What about you Zoe?"

"I took Zoe in, she'll definitely come with me," Michael says cockily.

Zoe looks confused. "I... I DON'T KNOW!" She runs off quickly. I follow her out. T.C., who had been standing guard, is running after her.

"Zoe, wait!"

"Huh? I thought their was something little between them... I wonder what they were doing... before I saw them that day..." I smile evily and take out my charm. Besides, I do need to see how Zoe's doing.

Flashback...

"Someone's coming," I get down and look over the side of the roof. There, T.C. and Zoe are walking up invisible stairs. I stand up,

"Whoa! How'd you do that?!"

"I just willed the air to be hard like steps," T.C. responds, like it's the simplest thing in the world.

"And why are you together?" Arlen adds.

"We just... um... ran into each other!" Zoe responds, and they both blush.

"Suuuuureee," I retort. Suddenly, my hand becomes an ugly shade of red that looks like barf.

"SHUT UP!" T.C. yells.

"Okay, okay!" I respond quickly. My hand goes back to normal, but T.C. is still fuming. "It was just a joke!"

"Good." T.C. answers angrily.

Two days ago: Central Park...

T.C. and Zoe walked down the path.

"So... we're on the same team for this mission..." Zoe blushed. Just ask him! She told herself. "D-do ya wanna come over to my place and train or something?"

"Um... o-okay."

Now...

Zoe sits conflicted and emotional. Michael took her in, but she really liked T.C. She had no idea what to do. So she sat there and remembered.

She knew she would be okay after her parents died in that fateful crash. She had her older brother Jake, to look after her. As sad as she was, she knew everything would be all right. Boy, was she wrong. Fate wasn't done with her yet. A few days later, as Jake was picking up groceries, he was mugged. He didn't comply with his enemies, so they killed him. Zoe was alone. She had powers, though. She had them since birth, but nobody knew. She used her powers to steal food, and one day Michael noticed her.

"Hello, young lady. Are you using powers?" He had asked her.

"N-no..."

"It's okay," he said, "I have powers too."

"Then show me!"

"I don't think you want to see what they do. Come on, I have a place we can stay. I ran away from home. I can help you, if you're willing to help me." He had taken her in. Could she abandon him like this? But what he did was hard to forgive.

Two days ago: Zoe's house...

They lost track of time. They watched movies, played games, and maybe did a little bit of training. They fell asleep on her couch. They woke up a bit later then they wanted to, and ended up being a bit late to meet with the others. It was the first time in a while Zoe could count on someone, care about someone.

Now...

What should I do? She thinks. She cries for a bit, and thinks for a bit.

I realize I can hear people's thoughts with the charm if they're really emotional. COOL! She avoids T.C. and Michael and goes straight to me to tell me her choice. She could say her goodbyes later.
"I know who I'm going with," she tells me.
"Who?"

Later...

Chloe, Matt, Arlen, Eddie, and I are sitting in a room.

"What did you find?" I ask.

"We know why you have your powers. The hero from 20 years ago, the one I you saw, Eclipse. He BLED into these lights. Somehow, his blood is... it's like it's made of light. It was absorbed into it. It gives you power because he had power, if it makes since. I guess Power Inc. is using these to give people powers for stealing. We found as many of these as we could," she holds out a bag of neon lights. "At least some would give you powers if they broke on you."

"Whoa. And what's this I hear about her having powers?" I ask, for some reason not being able to say that I saw it.

"Well, she held up this huge shield of light, I think she can-" Matt starts.

"I can control light. I guess I'm a hero now. For some reason, I think part of Eclipse rests inside me."

"Kyle fights, so I guess so can you. I guess you're the dawn of a new age. That can be your hero name, Dawn."

"Alright! She says happily. Matt and Chloe leave soon after.

"So..." I say.

"So..." Arlen replies.

"We lost Drako, but we shouldn't mope about it. We should do something about it! We need to work on getting him back! We can't sit here forever. First, we need a new base! They know where this is. Second, we need some new recruits. Send out people to help with crimes and get new recruits!" I feel shocked by Eddie's newfound sense of leadership.

"You're right Eddie. We can't just sit around. I'm appointing you field leader. Send out three teams of two, two for heroes, one for a new base. Arlen, why don't you get to work on thinking of a new team name for us?"

"Alright!" They respond in unison.

Later...

We meet up at our old base one last time. There, I introduce our new members.

"I'm Rennae Sloan. My hero name is Vigilance. I have a sort of 6th sense to sense danger, and heightened reflexes. I'm 18 years old."

"I'm Konjure. Sorry, but I can't tell you my real name just yet. My power is to summon different kinds of creatures." Everyone heads home, planning to meet at our new base tomorrow.

Later...

My charm glows, as if there is something for me to see. Tired, I ignore it, and the vision inside it.

The vision...

Konjure arrives at his makeshift home for the night, an alleyway. He can't really go home for a long time. He takes of his costume, and changes into his only clothes, the ones he left there. Jason Starr lays his costume below him, and attempts to fall asleep on it.

Earlier...

"It was a hard decision. About a third of me wanted to go with Michael. But the other two thirds wanted to stay here. And that's what I'll do."

"Thanks for deciding. I know this is hard for you, but maybe one day, Michael will redeem himself. Come on, we're all meeting at the new base. Nice find, by the way. An abandoned warehouse at the docks. Arlen's announcing our new team name. Michael might be nearby, so you can say goodbye. T.C., well, he'll be there. See you there."

"See ya."

Finally, everyone arrived at the new base. Zoe was teared-up, and T.C. was comforting her. I knew she had said her goodbyes.

"Everyone, listen up! Arlen is going to reveal our new team name, pitched by T.C."

They cheered.

"Our new name is... Chains Of Light!"

The response was positive. Whew. That's a relief.

"As you know, we are trying to get the public to look at us positively. That's why we're going to take down Power Inc."
Back to top Go down
https://lftarp.forumotion.net

Chapter Six
Page 1 of 1